Saturday, September 15, 2012

sauvie island + relaxing

sauvie island
sauvie island
sauvie island
sauvie island
sauvie island


Yesterday we went to Sauvie island as a final farewell to summer. The whole island (full of farms) is so serene and quiet.. it feels like a small town (well, it is a small town..) i just love it. 
It was warm outside but the water was too cold to swim this time.. at least to us (There were quite a few people swimming, more brave than us i suppose!)

We napped and read and picnicked and enjoyed the peaceful view.  It's such a beautiful summer time place.. but luckily, sauvie is just as nice when its cold and foggy. We'll be back soon..

p.s. if you're in the portland area and you've never been, you need to! It's 30 minutes from the city and just as good as the oregon coast. Just be careful how far down the beach you travel, there's a nude beach a couple miles down from where we were ;)

3 comments:

  1. love these photos! looks like so much fun!
    jennybodell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love Whole Living! I started getting it a few months ago, and it's one I look forward to every month.

    This looks like an absolutely beautiful and totally relaxing time. Just a bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nice memories of coming here as a kid, and I was thinking of taking my husband this summer (he's never been), but then I read Yelp reviews about how it's gotten all gross and overcrowded. It certainly looks nice where you were, though, and not crowded at all. I think I need to hurry out before the summer's over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS